Electricity Human Resources Canada (EHRC) annually hosts the prestigious Awards of Excellence. These awards celebrate the extraordinary achievements of those individuals and organizations at the forefront of industry HR best practice and leadership.
- Leader of the Year Award: recognizes an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to their organisation within the Canadian electricity industry through visionary people management strategies and leadership.
- Emerging Leader of the Year Award: recognizes an early-career professional (less than 10 years of industry experience) who has demonstrated significant promise of leadership in their current organization.
- Innovation in HR Practices – Educational or Training Institution Award: recognizes an educational or training institution that has ensured students and/or employees have the required skill sets the electricity industry needs by developing or implementing curriculum, educational or training programs.
- Innovation in HR Practices – Employer Award: recognizes an individual or team who has displayed a high degree of innovation in the design and implementation of a unique Human Resources program and/or project and can demonstrate or anticipate or derive business value from the same.
- Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Champion Award: recognizes an individual or team who champions diversity and inclusion, models the development and cultivation of diversity strategies in their organization, and communicates the rationale for these strategies to employees.
Please note: not all categories may be awarded each year.
2019 Awards Ceremony
The 2019 Awards of Excellence ceremony was held on Wednesday, February 19, at Vantage Venues, 150 King Street, Toronto, Ontario.