Awards of Excellence
These awards celebrate the extraordinary achievements of those individuals and organizations at the forefront of industry HR best practice and leadership.
- Leader of the Year Award: An individual who has made an outstanding contribution to their organisation within the Canadian electricity industry through visionary people management strategies and leadership. The successful nominee will be someone who has affected positive change within their organisation and who is dedicated to ensuring that the electricity workforce has the opportunity and skills to contribute to the business’ overall strategy and success.
- Emerging Leader of the Year Award: An individual early-career professional who has demonstrated significant promise of leadership in their career with their current organization. The recipient is an employee with less than ten years of industry experience, an innovative thinker whose accomplishments has motivated their peers, and has demonstrated their dedication to the organization and the electricity industry.
- Innovation in HR Practices – Educational or Training Institution Award: An educational or training institution that has developed or implemented curriculum, educational or training programs that address the workforce supply needs of the electricity industry by ensuring that students and/or employees have the required skill sets.
- Innovation in HR Practices – Employer Award: An individual or team who has displayed a high degree of innovation in the design and implementation of a unique Human Resources program and/or project and can demonstrate or anticipate or derive business value from the same.
- Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Champion Award: An individual or team who champions diversity and inclusion, is a role model for developing and cultivating diversity strategies in their organization, and communicates the rationale for these strategies to employees.
You may submit a nomination for the five categories of awards no later than 8 PM (EST) Thursday, November 21, 2019.
If selected as a finalist, nominees must:
- Consent in writing to the nomination and publication of both name and photo in connection with the EHRC Awards.
- Provide a professional biography and photo to be used for publicity purposes in relation to the awards.
- Be available to attend or send a company representative to the Awards Luncheon on February 19, 2020.
For more information please contact:
Marie Mould, Manager of Stakeholder Engagement
(613) 235-5540 Ext: 222
Based upon the nominations that best meet the overall criteria, Electricity Human Resources Canada’s Selection Committee will select the winner.
The recipient of the 2019 Leader Award will be announced at EHRC’s Forum and Awards of Excellence Luncheon to be held February 19th, Vantage Venues, 150 King Street, 16th Floor, Toronto, Ontario. Please note: not all categories may be awarded each year.
2018 Awards of Excellence
The 2018 Awards of Excellence were hosted on Thursday, February 21, 2019 from 12:00–2:00 PM, at Vantage Venues in Toronto, Ontario.