As a recent grad, standing out in a sea of qualified professionals has become a feat that most are unsure how to conquer. Cultivating your professional skills has dual benefits: it makes you desirable to employers and enhances your skillset. Focusing on helping you achieve your career and professional goals, here are five reasons why you should enroll in EHRC’s Professional Skills Training Program:
1. You’ll develop the leadership, communication, problem-solving, and learning skills that will assist you throughout your career and life
- Advancing your communication and leadership skills happens outside of the classroom. Professional skills training courses give you the tools you need to enhance or close any gaps you may have in this area, and help you find the confidence to handle any of life’s situations. From leading a sales pitch meeting to taking charge of your volleyball team – you’ll be prepared for any situation.
2. Professional (soft skills) go a long way in meetings and work interactions
- Kindness will never go out of style, but can be hard to maintain when dealing with a difficult team member or client. Developing your soft skills helps establish positive relationships, and provides strategies for reviewing, reflecting upon, and responding to adversity more effectively. The secret to a positive work environment is based on solid communication and problem-solving skills.
3. You will have a greater chance of obtaining employment
- With hundreds of recent grads looking for placements, your baseline skills are not enough to stand out in a crowd of equally qualified applicants. Excel by demonstrating fluid communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills that employers are interested in acquiring.
4. Initiative never goes unnoticed
- Enrolling in an extracurricular program that hones strengths and skills outside of your industry signifies to future employers that you are eager to learn and committed to your development – two components that are vital to career longevity.
5. You’ll never regret investing in yourself
- There has never been a person who’s said, “I regret spending time investing in myself and my career.” What you do today will shape your future, and establishing fundamental skills will open doors to career and life opportunities.
EHRC is now offering a Professional Skills Training Program geared to electricity sector candidates looking for the tools needed to evolve their career paths and become exceptional leaders. This program highlights the ten most wanted skills in the sector, focusing on identifying current strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement. This online program allows you to take charge of your professional development in a safe and empowering environment.
What are you waiting for? The future starts today! Learn more about EHRC’s Professional Skills Training program here.