Corporate Knights, the highly respected voice for clean capitalism in Canada, has announced their 2020 Top 50 Corporate Citizens, and recognized 13 electrical companies as being some of the best corporations in Canada. These are:
- Toronto Hydro Corp. (ranked #2 overall)
- Alectra Inc (ranked #3 overall)
- Hydro-Quebec (ranked #5 overall)
- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (ranked #7 overall)
- Hydro One Ltd (ranked #11 overall)
- British Columbia Hydro and Power Authority (ranked #12 overall)
- Fortis Inc (ranked #14 overall)
- Brookfield Renewable Partners LP (ranked #17 overall)
- EPCOR Utilities (ranked #24 overall)
- Northland Power (ranked #3 overall)
- Ontario Power Generation (ranked #28 overall)
- Canadian Solar Inc. (ranked #33 overall)
- Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board (ranked #41 overall)
Corporate Knights evaluates organizations based on 21 KPIs, which include clean revenue, board and executive gender diversity, GHG and waste productivity, employee turnover, innovation efforts, and taxes paid.
Not only are these companies performing tremendously in their operations and policy, they’re also notable for being active and generous in their communities. Especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, these leaders have gone above and beyond.
With 13 of the top 50 socially responsible corporations in Canada coming from in the electricity sector, we can all be very proud to be part of a sector that achieves high standards and is committed to excellence in both governance and environmental impact.