The two-year long Building Connectivity Project involved a comprehensive consultation process with provincial/regional and federal key stakeholders to develop a Human Resource Action Plan for the electricity and renewable energy sectors.
Electricity Human Resources Canada initiated consultation between industry, education and governments in order to collectively identify criteria essential to develop an action plan to address the following:
- Adequacy of training facilities/Infrastructure to meet industry needs
- Lack of industry awareness among youth
- Immigration barriers to industry workforce supply
- Challenges and issues for workforce initiatives dependent on rate review and regulatory protocols
- Rural and remote work challenges for the industry
Results of the Project
The project increased stakeholders’ awareness of the issues that hinder developing an adequate electricity workforce supply.
The Building Connectivity Project enabled collaborative action on workforce issues that are being dealt with from coast-to-coast, and developed industry plans to mitigate the challenging workforce issues the electricity and renewable energy industries face.
For more information please contact 613-235-5540 or by e-mail at email@example.com