The Electricity Human Resources Canada held its 2017 Awards of excellence Luncheon on February 28th, 2018 in Toronto at Vantage Venues.
This national event brought together business leaders and human resource professionals. Attended by employers, labour, education, and government representatives working for and with the sector, the aim of this event was to connect, convene and inspire the industry. The event included a special Panel Session and presentation in advance of the Awards Luncheon in support of EHRC’s 2017-2022 National Labour Market Study for the Canadian Electricity industry, a keynote speech from Mr. Bernard Lebelle (National Innovation Director, Deloitte ) and the presentation of this year’s winners of EHRC’s Awards of Excellence. These awards celebrated extraordinary achievements and gave national recognition to the champions of excellence who are making a positive and tangible impact on the workforce.
- 2017 Innovation in HR Practices – Education/Training Institution – Cambrian College
- 2017 Innovation in HR Practices – Employer – Alberta Electric System Operator
- 2017 Workplace Diversity & Inclusion Champion – Ontario Power Generation
- 2017 Emerging Leader of the Year– Sara Rasouli, Electrical Engineer, Ontario Power Generation
- 2017 Leader of the Year – Mike Allen, Senior Vice President of Nuclear Refurbishment, Ontario Power Generation