Did you join Electricity Human Resources Canada for the electricity workforce event of the year?
On Wednesday, February 28, 2018, in Toronto Ontario, Electricity Human Resources Canada (EHRC), business leaders, educators and human resource professionals came together for its 2017 EHRC Awards of Excellence.
Dedicated to the electricity industry workforce, the 2017 EHRC Awards of Excellence recognised and highlighted the outstanding achievements of those at the forefront of industry HR best practice and leadership.
Awards were given in the following categories:
- Leader of the Year: Mike Allen, Senior Vice President, Nuclear Refurbishment, Ontario Power Generation
- Emerging Leader of the Year: Sara Rasouli, Electrical Engineer, Ontario Power Generation
- Innovation in HR Practices – Educational / Training Institution Award: Cambrian College
- Innovation in HR Practices – Employer Award: Alberta Electric Systems Operator (AESO)
- Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Champion Award: Ontario Power Generation
Click here to read the event press release.
EHRC also hosted a special arm-chair panel session before the Awards Luncheon. The panel discussion was an opportunity to present and discuss the preliminary findings emerging from EHRC’s 2017 – 2022 Labour Market Information (LMI) Study for the Canadian Electricity industry. Panelists included representatives from the Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO), Power Workers’ Union, New Brunswick Power, Ryerson University and Hydro One.
To learn more about our Keynote speaker and panelists, click here.
The EHRC Awards of Excellence is a unique national event that is attended by employers, labour, education, and government representatives working for and with the sector. The aim of this event is to connect, convene and inspire the industry, and it represents an exclusive opportunity to collaborate and learn with your peers.
Click here to check out our awards gallery!
Thank you to all our Awards Sponsors: